Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You Get a Love Song...to the man that holds my heart

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. I could say so much about 9 years, but I don't have to. This song says it all! Well for the most part....just in case anyone is wondering we weren't 19 when we got married....actually....9+19 would make me only 28....oh yeah lets go with it! No, in other words don't take the lyrics literally (we all know people like that), but you get the idea.

To my husband, I love you with all of my heart (even when you leave your work clothes on the floor!) Thank you for all that you are to me and our children. xoxo

Don't mind the scanned wedding photo - we got married so long ago, they didn't do digital!

PS Lori McKenna is an amazing singer/song writer. I can't go into how great she is on this post because it's supposed to be about my husband! Seriously though - check her out!


You Get A Love Song
Lorraine
By Laurie McKenna


Well, they ain’t gonna make a movie
About a couple of fools like us.
No one’s going to write a book
About our little love.


You don’t get picture on the local front page
For falling in love at a reckless age, No, no.
For saying ‘I do’ when you’re 19,
In a hand-me-down dress with a pawn-shop ring,
For having no money for a honeymoon
‘Cause you’re saving it up for the baby boom,
For knowing a love that’s hard when it starts this young,

Well, you don’t get much, no, no,
But you get a love song.

The Sunday sermon won’t mention all the work we put into this love.
They ain’t gonna hang a billboard congratulating us
For surviving every rise and fall, for being more hard-headed than a wrecking ball.

For letting me chase a hopeless dream,
For giving up on trying to change me,
For drinking your way so far down
I almost thought I couldn’t pull you out,
For knowing the only thing harder than letting go
Oh, is holding on,

Well, you don’t get much, no, no,
But you get a love song,
You get a love song. (Love song.)



Oh, you get a love song. You get a love song.

Next time a hurricane comes through
They won’t name it after us.
And how could you paint a picture
That looked anything like love?
The six o’clock news don’t give a damn,
That by the grace of God we worked it out again.
By the grace of God

No comments:

Post a Comment